1st Prize Percussion 2019
Hyeji Bak started her musical studies with the piano before switching to percussion when she was 14 years old. She was quickly distinguished with a Prize from the Kyeongnuk University of Arts in Korea. From 2006 to 2010, she performed worldwide as a member of the Prodigy Youth Orchestra. In 2008, she appeared as soloist with the Daegu Philharmonic Orchestra and won 3rd Prize at the Daegu Music Society Competition.
Ms. Bak was a student at the Korea National University of Arts, before continuing her studies in Stuttgart with Marta Klimasara. She won 1st Prize at the 2017 Universal Marimba Competition in Belgium, as well as at the Sparda Classic Awards. She was invited to perform as soloist at the Croatia International Percussion Festival in 2016 and at the Pau Festival in 2018. In Spring 2019, she gave a solo performance for the 50th Anniversary of the Kolberg Festival.
- B. Mantovani: Moi, jeu...
- I. Xenakis: Rebonds A and B
- M. Jarrell: Entlehnungen (compulsory work for marimba solo)
- N. Fukushi: Ground
- J. Druckman: Reflections on the nature of water 3rd and 6th mvt
- P. Jodlowski: I.T. (compulsory work for percussion, bass-clarinet and soundtrack)
- S. Sciarrino: Il legno e la parola
- J. Alvarez: Temazcal
- P. Hurel: Loops II
- C. Hatzis: Fertility Rites
- M. Borboudakis: Evlogitária
- P. Eötvös: Speaking Drums