10 June 2022
COMPOSITION COMPETITION 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 JUNE
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
- The 76th Concours de Genève Composition Competition will be held in October 2022. Its objective is to distinguish new works, composed at the earliest after June 2019.
- The Competition is open to composers of all nationalities born after June 1st, 1982 (40 years old). Composers who have already won the Queen Marie Jose International Music Composition Prize or the Concours de Genève Composition Competition are not eligible to take part.
- 10 June: Deadline for completing the application form
- 20-22 June: Jury meeting, screening of the scores, choosing the finalists
- 23 June: Announce of the finalists selected
- 20-26 October: Stay in Geneva, rehearsals and concert
- 26 October: Final concert with the Neue VocalSolisten Stuttgart
The subject of the Composition Prize 2022 is a Work for vocal Ensemble, composed after following specifities:
- The work must last between 15 and 20 minutes.
- The work must be written for vocal ensemble of 6 voices.
- The ensemble set must imperatively be the following: 1 bass, 1 barytone, 1 tenor, 1 mezzo, 1 soprano, 1 high soprano (mezzo-soprano can be replaced by a counter-tenor)
- The work may (not mandatory) use electronic device. (see specifications in Annex below)
- The musical score may be hand-written or in digital form, but must be perfectly legible.
In order to better know the candidate’s personality and artistic background, we ask them to join to the submitted work the following items:
- A program note presenting their work (to be published if selected for the final concert), in English, French or German.
- A text or a video presenting their work in general and their artistic project for the future. This can be done in any of these following international languages: French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese or Arabic.
- A list of existing works, from which two works are chosen (max. 10 min.) for solo instrument or chamber music, to be performed in a concert organized by the Concours de Genève.