MR. CHASE PARK
Juilliard School New York, Curtis Institute of Music, Juilliard Pre-College
Minhye Clara Kim, Peter Wiley, Carter Brey, Pamela Frank
- R. Schumann: Adagio and Allegro
- J.S. Bach: Suite n°2 in D minor: Sarabande, Menuets, Gigue
- L.V. Beethoven: Cello sonata op 102 n°1 in C major
- H. Dutilleux: Trois Strophes sur le nom de SACHER
- J.S. Bach: Viola de gamba Sonata n°3 in G minor
- E. Carter: Figment for cello alone
- F. Schubert: Sonata D 821 "Arpeggione"
- A. Schnittke: Cello Sonata 1978
- R. Schumann: Concerto in A minor
CELLO COMPETITION 2021
ONLINE RECITAL: 13-19 SEPTEMBER 2021
37 cellists aged 15 to 30 years old from 19 nationalities have been selected to participate in the 75th Geneva International Music Competition, section Cello. Due to the ongoing global pandemic, the first part of the 2021 Competition is held online. Selected candidates had until August 15th to submit their video recordings of the Online Recital, which will be streamed virtually from 13-19 September 2021 on www.concoursgenve.ch, YouTube, Facebook and The Violin Channel. Results will be announced on Sunday 19 September, 1:00 PM (GMT+2).
> See online recital broadcast schedule
J. S. Bach : one of the following Suites for violoncello solo
- Suite N° 2 in D min. BWV 1008
- Suite N° 3 in C Maj. BWV 1009
- Suite N° 4 in E flat Maj. BWV 1010
Candidates may perform the entire Suite or select movements they wish to perform (minimum 3). They are given the option to play the repeats.
- One piece from 20th century for cello solo from the following list :
- G. Crumb : Sonata for violoncello solo
- P. Hindemith : Sonata for violoncello solo
- Z. Kodaly : Sonata Op. 8 (movement 1)
- G. Ligeti : Sonata fpr violoncello solo
- H. Dutilleux : 3 Strophes sur le nom de Sacher
- K. Penderecki : Per Slava
- A. Ginastera : Puñena 2
- B. Britten : Suite N° 2 (declamato, scherzo, ciaccona)
- L. v. Beethoven: Sonata for violoncello and piano in C Maj. Op. 102 N°1
- One piece at free choice (optional) : Candidates may add a free choice piece to their Online Recital, provided that it does not exceed the 45-minute limit.