15 March 2022
76e CONCOURS DE GENÈVE | PIANO 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 MARCH
PRELIMINARY ROUND - VIDEO RECORDING (20 - 30 min.)
- A. Mozart or J. Haydn : 2 contrasted movements from a piano Sonata
- J. S. Bach: one among the following pieces at free choice:
- Preludes & Fugues (Well-Tempered Clavier) BWV846 – BWV893
- Partitas (min. 3 movements) BWV825 – BWV831
- Toccatas BWV910 – BWV916
- English Suites (min. 3 movements) BWV 806 – BWV811
- French Suites (min. 3 movements) BWV 812 – BWV817
- F. Chopin or F. Liszt: ONE Etude at choice
- Chopin: Etudes Op. 10 OR Etudes Op. 25
- Liszt: Transcendental Etudes S. 139 OR Etude de Paganini S. 141
- Fourth piece at free choice (piano solo)
- The piece at free choice is meant to show candidates' musical personality
- Recording all the movements is not mandatory.
- The works chosen for the preliminary round may be performed again during the competition.
- Personal presentation: candidates must join to their preselection video a text or a short video (max. 3 minutes) in which they introduce themselves and explain why they want to participate in the Geneva Competition.