30 April 2021
The 75th Geneva International Music Competition will be presenting Cello & Oboe and will take place from 16-29 October 2021. The cello competition is open to all candidates up to 30 years old. Application deadline : 30 April 2021
Please note that candidates who had already registered for the Cello Competition 2020, which was postponed due to the coronavirus crisis, can report their application to next year even if their age exceeds the limit set inthe initial rules. See official press release.
PRELIMINARY ROUND – VIDEO RECORDING (max. 30min)
- J. S. Bach : Prelude, Sarabande, Galanteries (Minuets I & II or Bourrées I & II) from one of the following Suites for violoncello solo :
- Suite N° 2 in D min. BWV 1008
- Suite N° 3 in C Maj. BWV 1009
- Suite N° 4 in E flat Maj. BWV 1010
- A. Piatti or N. Paganini : One Caprice at choice from :
- Piatti : Caprices Op. 25, N° 3, 6, 7 12
- Paganini : Caprices Op. 1 N° 5, 9, 13, 24
- Third piece at free choice, with piano accompaniment
The works chosen for the preliminary round may be performed again during the competition. The piece at free choice is meant to show candidates musical personality. Recording all the movements is not mandatory.