30 April 2020
The 75th Geneva International Music Competition will be presenting Cello and will be held from 23 October - 5 November 2020. It is open to all cellists born after 5 November 1990. Application deadline: 30 April 2020.
PRELIMINARY ROUND – VIDEO RECORDING
J. S. Bach : Prelude, Sarabande, Galanteries (Minuets I et II or Bourrées I et II) from one of the following Suites for violoncello solo :
- Suite N° 2 in D min. BWV 1008
- Suite N° 3 in C Maj. BWV 1009
- Suite N° 4 in E flat Maj. BWV 1010
A. Piatti or N. Paganini - Caprice at choice from :
- Piatti : Caprices Op. 25, N° 3, 6, 7 12
- Paganini : Caprices Op. 1 N° 5, 9, 13, 24
Third piece at free choice (with piano accompaniment)
The works chosen fror the preselection round may be performed again during the competition.