11-13 June 2018
From 11-13 June, the preselection Jury will be meeting in Geneva to select the candidates who will take part in the piano competition 2018.
For the Preliminary round, candidates had to present a video recording with the following pieces:
- J. S. Bach: a choice of one piece among the following :
- Preludes & Fugues (Well-Tempered Clavier) BWV846 – BWV893
- Partitas (min. 3 movements) BWV825 – BWV831
- Toccatas BWV910 – BWV916
- English Suites (min. 3 movements) BWV 806 – BWV811
- French Suites (min. 3 movements) BWV 812 – BWV817
- F. Chopin or F. Liszt: ONE Etude at choice
- Chopin: Etudes Op. 10 or Etudes Op. 25
- Liszt: Transcendental Etudes S. 139 OR
- Etude de Paganini S. 141
- Third piece at free choice (for piano solo)
The works chosen for the preliminary round may be performed again during the competition.