Thu 2 May 2019
The 74th Geneva Competition will be offering percussion & composition. The subject of the 2019 composition prize is a work for oboe and ensemble. The three finalists' works will be performed during a public final round, which will be held in November 2019 in Geneva.
Application deadline: 2 May, 2019
SUBJECT OF THE COMPETITION
The subject of the Composition Prize 2019 is a Work for Oboe and ensemble, composed after following specifities:
- The work must last between 15 and 20 minutes.
- The work must be written for solo oboe, with the possibility to use the Cor anglais (English horn) as well.
- The work must not use any electronic device.
- The ensemble set must imperatively be comprised within the following frame:
- 1*.1*.1*.1* - 184.108.40.206 – harp – keyboards (1) – perc (2) – Strings : 220.127.116.11.1
- One musician may play several keyboard instruments (piano, celesta, etc.)
- Concerning percussion, please insert the detailed list of required instruments.
The prize-winning work will then be performed during the final round of the 2020 Oboe competition. The jury will therefore be asked to take into account the playability of the work and the presence of the solo instrument.
The musical score may be hand-written or in electronic form, but must be perfectly legible.